Two part chain lube that cleans as well as lubricates your chain. Leave the bottle to stand, and you'll see the two parts separate. One part is designed to penetrate right into your chain and drive out all the dirt and grit that causes wear. The other p[arts is a mix of oils and waxes that lubricates and keeps corrosion at bay.
For best results, thoroughly clean your drive train before applying Linklube. The first time you use this chain lube, your chain might go black. Don't worry, this is Linklubes cleaning process in action! Clean the chain again and re-apply the Linklube. After a few rides and applications the chain will be a lot cleaner!
- Fully degrease drivetrain before applying fresh lube to ensure there is no old chain oil present. For best results, use Peaty's Foaming Drivetrain Degreaser or XXX Solvent Degreaser to remove stubborn factory greases in the case of brand-new chains.
- Ensure you thoroughly rinse your chain with clean water after degreasing (degreaser is designed to eat chain oil after all).
- Remove as much water as you can from the chain. For best results, use PT17.
- Give the bottle a good shake to evenly distribute the secret sauce.
- Apply the lube while cycling the chain backwards (e-bikes will need to be pedalled forwards in a stand) ensuring every link is adequately covered.
- Keep cycling the chain for 10seconds or so to help the lube work its way into your chain.
- Thoroughly wipe away all excess lube from your chain using a clean cloth (excess oil on the outside of the chain will attract dust in dry conditions).
- For wet weather conditions, leave a small amount of lube on the outside of the chain for longer-lasting protection.
- On first use with pre-used chains, you may find that your chain turns black - this is the LinkLube driving out grime from deep in your chain. Just keep riding, degreasing, lubing and repeating until your chain runs shiny clean once more!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device