Foam tyre inserts that add a layer of protection against rim damage and pinch flats. Rimpact Originals are the perfect price/performance/weight ratio for most riders. If you regularly damage rims or tear tyre sidewalls, consider the Rimpact Pro inserts.
- Closed cell Polyethylene foam doesn't soak up sealant.
- Dissipates force away from the rim.
- Controlled rebound increases traction.
- Stabilises tire sidewalls — less felling like you're going to pull the tyre off the rim when you're cornering hard on soft tyres.
- Makes running lower pressures less likely to result in flats or damages rims.
- Kit includes 2 Rimpact Original inserts.
- Suitable for rims with a 23-35 mm width and tyres from 2.3-2.6.
We at 20Twenty have been running these on some of our own bikes for years, and we've a few tips!
- Rimpacts sit tight against the valves, so straight through valves are effectively sealed by the inserts. Rimpact or Peaty's valves are designed to work with inserts. If this is your first set of Rimpacts, you're probably going to need Rimpact or Peaty's valves.
- Fitting is no worse than fitting a tyre with a tube once you have the technique dialled. The key thing is that once the tyre is almost on, squeeze the beads together at the opposite side of the tyre and push them into the centre of the rim. The dip in the middle of the rim gives you more room to play with. (We speak from Wild Enduro/DT Swiss experience, other tyres and rims might be more tricky).
- Rimpacts don't soak up sealant, but some might stick to the surface, so use a bit more than usual.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device