It's pretty unusual to see anything but SRAM, Shimano or Hope on a bike round here, but TRP brakes have been getting rave reviews for the last couple of years. Having had Aaron Gwin as a development rider since 2016 probably helps.
TRP have neatly got round the issue of not being able to find pads by using the same pads as Shimano Saint, Zee and the current 4 piston brakes.
Out the box, these brakes are compatible with adaptors included with I-Spec B shifters. Please get in touch if you need an adaptor for I-Spec EV, I-Spec II or SRAM MMX shifters.
• Four piston caliper with hybrid steel pistons.
• CNC machined cooling fins on the caliper.
• Ergonomic dimpled and drilled alloy lever designed by Aaron Gwin.
• I-Spec B, I-Spec ll (XT and XTR only) or matchmaker compatible with correct TRP adaptor to match shifter.
• Mineral oil.
• Weight: 323g.
Each brake is supplied with a 1900 mm hose, mounting bolts, two barbs, two olives, and instructions, so you can trim the hose to suit your bike. The 5mm hoses are designed to fit through internal cable routing.
Put these brakes on my GT stanchion team to replace guide r brakes sooo easy to set up. look really sturdy. adjust on levers is brilliant an solid
Unbelievable stopping power
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device