Greg Minnaar's signature tyre.
The Maxxis Assegai tyre is named after the iron-tipped spear used by the Zulu people of South Africa. Greg Minnaar, a native of South Africa, thought it was a fitting name for a tyre ready to do battle on the mountain.
The tall knobs punch through dust and loam to find traction, but also offer support and confidence on wet roots and rocks. While other tyres excel only in certain conditions, the Maxxis Assegai is built to go fast everywhere.
- Wide Trail casing optimized for 30-35 mm wide rims
- Maxxis’ legendary 3C MaxxGrip rubber compound
- Dual-ply casing with butyl sidewall inserts for stability and durability
- Tubeless compatibility
- Folding bead
- Conditions: Loose Over Hard, Loose, Medium, Wet
- Cornering Control: 1 2 3 4
- Rolling Efficiency: 1 2 3 4
- TPI: 120
- Bead: Foldable
- Ply Construction: Dual
- Compound: 3C Maxx Grip
- Max PSI: 50
- Tech: 3C MaxxGrip, Tubeless Ready
3C Maxx Grip: A new name for the downhill 3C compound configuration that you have come to know and trust. 3C Maxx Grip offers the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties for unparalleled traction in downhill applications.
Tubeless Ready: Tubeless tyres provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Maxxis Tubeless Ready (TR) tyres provide the benefits of a UST tubeless tyre without the weight penalty. Our TR tyres use a standard casing and require the use of a liquid sealant in order to make them airtight. Maxxis Tubeless Ready tyres are the only Maxxis tyres approved for use with liquid sealants. Using a liquid sealant in any non-TR Maxxis tyre will void the warranty.
Double Down: With dual-ply 120 TPI casing and a butyl insert, Maxxis' Double-Down technology is ideal for enduro-style rides.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device