Rimpact Pro v2 Tyre Insert Set
Updated v2 version of the perfect Enduro tyre inserts. Compared to the previous version, these inserts are bout 5 mm wider, so they are better suited to the current range of larger volume tyres.
The "Pro" version of the Rimpact insert adds more protection with a layer of Energy Sensitive foam which hardens on impact. Rimpact found that a mix of two types of foam gave the best protection, after test showed that one layer of the dense material was too dense to absorb impacts properly.
The Energy Sensitive material is still supple and won't make fitting a nightmare, but it stiffens up when your tyre hits a rock or a root with enough force. With a layer of this foam attached to the original foam, weight is still reasonable (160 g for a 29" wheel), and the insert maintains the vibration damping properties of the original foam.
- Stabilises tire sidewalls — less felling like you're going to pull the tyre off the rim when you're cornering hard on soft tyres.
- Makes running lower pressures less likely to result in flats or damages rims.
- Kit includes 2 Rimpact Pro tyre inserts.
- Weight per insert:
- 29": 160 g
- 27.5: 150 g
- Suitable for rims with a 23-35 mm width and tyres from 2.3-2.6.
We at 20Twenty have been running these on some of our own bikes for years, and we've a few tips!
- Rimpacts sit tight against the valves, so straight through valves are effectively sealed by the inserts. Rimpact or Peaty's valves are designed to work with inserts. If this is your first set of Rimpacts, you're probably going to need valves.
- Fitting is no worse than fitting a tyre with a tube once you have the technique dialled. The key thing is that once the tyre is almost on, squeeze the beads together at the opposite side of the tyre and push them into the centre of the rim. The dip in the middle of the rim gives you more room to play with. (We speak from Wild Enduro/DT Swiss experience, other tyres and rims might be more tricky).
- Rimpacts don't soak up sealant, but some might stick to the surface, so use a bit more than usual.
Orders Over £50 - Free (Royal Mail)
Orders Under £50 - £4.95 (RoyalMail)
Our standard delivery time is 3–5 days. We do our very best to deliver orders within this time, but occasionally there are delays outwith our control, caused by either suppliers or couriers.
UK Bike Delivery
We offer free UK delivery on all bikes unless bought through a Ride To Work Scheme.
We don't currently deliver complete bikes outside the UK.
Custom-built bikes can be delivered in kit form (for you to assemble) - we can include shipping to your country in your quote.
Due to the number of delivery options, the best way to get a shipping price is to add what you would like to your basket and begin the checkout. You'll be able to see the shipping price before you checkout.
Unless IOSS applies (see below) our website will remove UK VAT. You are likely to be liable for tax and duties in your delivery country.
IOSS - EU Orders Under £130
Tax and duties will be calculated at the checkout. Once you have paid 20Twenty you will have nothing to pay in your delivery country.