Rimpact Original v2 Tyre Insert Set
Updated v2 version of our best-selling tyre inserts! Compared or the previous version, these inserts are bout 5 mm wider, so they are better suited to the current range of larger volume tyres.
Rimpact Original V2's weight about 100g each and they are suitable for most trail and enduro riding. If you regularly damage rims or tear tyre sidewalls, consider the Rimpact Pro v2 inserts.
- Closed cell Polyethylene foam doesn't soak up sealant.
- Dissipates force away from the rim.
- Controlled rebound increases traction.
- Stabilises tire sidewalls — less felling like you're going to pull the tyre off the rim when you're cornering hard on soft tyres.
- Makes running lower pressures less likely to result in flats or damages rims.
- Kit includes 2 Rimpact Original inserts.
- Suitable for rims with a 23-35 mm width and tyres from 2.4-2.6.
We at 20Twenty have been running these on some of our own bikes for years, and we've a few tips!
- Rimpacts sit tight against the valves, so straight through valves are effectively sealed by the inserts. Rimpact or Peaty's valves are designed to work with inserts. If this is your first set of Rimpacts, you're probably going to need Rimpact or Peaty's valves.
- Fitting is no worse than fitting a tyre with a tube once you have the technique dialled. The key thing is that once the tyre is almost on, squeeze the beads together at the opposite side of the tyre and push them into the centre of the rim. The dip in the middle of the rim gives you more room to play with. (We speak from Wild Enduro/DT Swiss experience, other tyres and rims might be more tricky).
- Rimpacts don't soak up sealant, but some might stick to the surface, so use a bit more than usual.