NEW! A Threadless, no tap install option that lets you store the EDC V2 Tool inside your stem/steerer tube without threading your steerer tube. EDC Tool sold separately.
The Threadless Carrier replaces your star nut and lets you preload your headset with a bolt, while also creating a space for the EDC V2 Tool.
- Easy to install in less than 10 minutes.
- Available in 8 colours (Black, Red, Green, Blue, Orange, Purple, Gold & Oil Slick).
- Compatible with EDC V2 Tool (You must use the small EDC V2 Storage Capsule with the Threadless Carrier).
- The EDC Threadless Carrier is NOT compatible with V1 EDC Tools (Green Multi-Tool) or with the Plug and Pliers kit.
This is an alternative fitting method for the normal EDC V2 Tool for anyone who doesn't want to thread their steerer.
ENSURE YOUR FORK IS COMPATIBLE - VERY IMPORTANT
Incompatible forks: Fox 38 (Use a standard EDC V2 Tool), Giant Overdrive 2 Forks. Cannondale Lefty Forks. Carbon Steerers
STEERER TUBE LENGTH
Most forks are compatible, except for a few forks with very short steerer tubes. For the following cases your fork steerer tube length must meet the minimum length requirement.
- Fox except Fox 38 = 190 mm min
- ROCKSHOX Forks = 210 mm min
Measure from the underside of your fork crown to the top of your spacer stack, or top of your stem if you are not running any spacers above your stem.
Full step-by-step instructions can be found here.
Once I'd knocked out the star nut with a punch (careful of metal filings landing on fork seals) this took maybe 2 minutes to fit. Holds the tool well and looks smarter than a top cap.
Excellent item very fast service would use again highly recommend
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device